To ensure the safe delivery of your package and the safety of our riding passengers, please review the following regulations regarding GPX shipments:
GPX guarantees on-time delivery of packages on all expedited service levels. At our option, GPX will either refund or credit your charges upon request if we deliver your shipment 30 minutes or more after our most recent quoted delivery commitment.
The quoted delivery commitment may change for reasons including but not limited to the following:
Carriers shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
- The act or default of the shipper or owner.
- The nature of the property, or defect, or inherent vice therein.
- Improper or insufficient packing, marking and labeling as set forth herein.
- The Act of God, public enemies, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, perils of navigation, the hazards or dangers incident to a state of war, or occurrence in customer's warehouse.
- The examination of a shipment, or partial delivery to the consignee of C.O.D. shipments.
- Accidents, breakdowns, bad condition of the roads, or other cause beyond the control of the carrier.
- Delivery at a non-agency destination or closed station, under instructions of the shipper.
- Difference in weight or quantity caused by shrinkage, leakage, or evaporation.
- The death, injury, or escape of live express.
- Loss or damage to express shipments that contain undisclosed prohibited items.
- Carriers do not agree to deliver express shipments in time for any particular market, occasion, or event, or on any particular lines and to not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any particular point at a specific time. Time schedules published by the carriers are the schedules that they attempt to maintain, but are not guaranteed.
- In consideration of the rate charged for carrying said property, which is dependent upon its value and is based upon a released valuation, the carriers shall not be liable for more than one hundred dollars ($100), unless a greater value is declared by the shipper at the time of shipment and excess value charges paid. In no event shall the carriers be liable for more than the actual damages sustained.
Any shipments not permitted pursuant to GPX Terms and Conditions or shipped in violation of GPX Terms and Conditions are exempt from the Guarantee and are subject to full shipping charges plus any applicable penalties regardless of actual delivery.
The Carrier reserves the right to open and inspect shipments when deemed necessary, and to refuse those improperly or inadequately packed, those damaged, and those containing articles prohibited for shipment.
All shipments must be packed in containers made of durable material and of quality sufficient to withstand handling on buses. All packages containing FRAGILE or PERISHABLE articles must be marked in large letters accordingly, preferably with appropriate labels.
Shipments that are not wrapped or packed in containers will be accepted only if they are of such nature that they will not damage or be damaged by other shipments and baggage.
Fragile items must be packed so as to be separated by corrugated partition, individually wrapped in air-bubble plastic, Styrofoam™ sheets or pellets, or molded plastic. The interior must be completely filled with any of the above materials to prevent the items contained in the shipment from touching each other or the exterior shell of the container.
NOTE: The carrier does not assume responsibility for fragile items packed with clothing, linens or paper (crumpled or otherwise), which do NOT constitute packaging materials, and will not adequately cushion or protect fragile items.
Every package must have a shipping label on the exterior stating the full name and address of the consignee and of the shipper.
GPX REFUND PROCEDURES
SIZE, WEIGHT AND VALUE LIMITATIONS
EXCESS, OVERWEIGHT, OVERSIZE BAGGAGE IN EXPRESS SERVICE (XPRESS BAGGAGE)
ARTICLES PROHIBITED OR SUBJECT TO SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
VALUATION ALLOWED WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGES
The following are the procedures to be followed with regard to refunding GPX shipping charges.
Refunds must be applied for by the appropriate customer within 90 days from the date of shipment.
No refunds will be made for standard-ground deferred services. If shipment is lost or damaged, reimbursement must be processed and requested through the claim process.
If Greyhound fails to deliver the shipment as contracted in Priority or GPX Direct service, a refund of the total shipping charges and fees will be made to the shipper if the shipment was sent prepaid, or to the consignee if the shipment was sent collect.
The Package Express Refund Department will process all refund requests except in cases of collect shipments, which are to be processed by the destination station.
To request a refund:
- Fill out GPX Form 4102U (rev. 2/99).
- Obtain a copy of the busbill.
- Select the desired method of refund.
- Fax a copy of both the completed 4102U and the busbill to (214) 849-6808.
- If no fax is available, call the GPX Refund Department at 1-800-739-5020 to relay the information.
- Send the top copy of Form 4102U with a legible copy of the busbill via US Mail to
Package Express Refunds
P.O. Box 660713
Dallas, TX 75266-0713
Claims required to be filed in writing:
A Claim for Loss or Damage to Package Express will not be voluntarily paid by a Carrier unless filed in writing, with the Receiving or Delivering Carrier, or the Carrier issuing the Busbill or the Carrier on whose line the alleged Loss or Damage occurred, with the specified Time Limits.
Minimum filing requirement:
- A communication in writing from a Claimant, filed with a proper Carrier within specified Time Limits containing facts sufficient to identify the Shipment(s) of Property involved
- asserting liability for an alleged loss or damage.
- making claim for the payment of a specified or determinable amount of money, supported by receipts and/or invoices; and
- in the case of Xpress Baggage shipments, the carriers reserve the right to require the original or a photocopy of the Passenger's copy of the Ticket purchased and used for transportation.
- a copy of the Busbill, in support of the Claim for Loss, Damage or Delay of the Shipment(s); will be considered as sufficient compliance with the provisions for filing Claims.
Time limits for filing claims:
- As a condition precedent to recovery, Claims for lost Package Express Shipments must be filed in writing with the Originating or Delivering Carrier, or the Carrier on whose lines the loss occurred, within one-hundred eighty (180) days from the time the Express Shipment was made.
- Carriers, parties to this Tariff, will be allowed a reasonable time in which to locate lost Package Express before making settlement, which will be not longer than sixty (60) days from the date of notice of such loss. The date on which the tracing form was received by the Carrier or Carriers' Agent will be considered as the first day commencing a sixty (60) day period before which a Claim will be settled by a firm offer or by a denial.
- Upon receipt of a written Claim for Loss to Package Express transported, the Carrier will either (1) pay, (2) decline, or (3) make a firm compromise settlement offer in writing, within one hundred and twenty (120) days after receipt of the claim; provided, however, that if the Claim cannot be processed and disposed of within one hundred twenty (120) days after receipt thereof, the Carrier will, at that time and at the expiration of each succeeding sixty (60) day period while the Claim remains pending, advise the Claimant in writing of the status of the Claim and the reason for the delay in making final disposition thereof and the Carrier will retain a copy of such advice to the Claimant in its Claim File thereon.
- Concealed and/or Exterior Loss or Damage shall be reported in writing to the Delivering Carrier at destination within seven (7) days after delivery of the Property, and the Carrier shall be given the privilege of making an inspection of the Property. A Claim involving concealed and/or exterior Loss or Damage must be filed within one-hundred eighty (180) days after delivery of the Property.
- Carriers shall have the full benefit of any insurance that may have been affected upon or on account of Package Express, which has been damaged or lost, insofar as this shall not void the policies or contracts of insurance.
- Any suit or action at law to enforce a Claim must be instituted within two (2) years and one (1) day after the date of notice in writing is given by the Carrier to the Claimant that the Claim or any part of parts thereof have been disallowed by the Carrier. Where a Claim is not filed or a suit is not instituted thereon in accordance with the foregoing provisions, Carrier will not be liable, and such Claim will not be paid.
Documents not constituting claims:
- Bad Order Reports, Appraisal Reports of Damage, notations of shortage or damage, or both, on Busbills, Delivery Receipts, or other documents, or Inspection Reports issued by Carriers or their inspection agencies, whether the extent of loss or damage is indicated in dollars and cents or otherwise, will not, standing alone, be considered by Carriers as sufficient to comply with the Minimum Filing Requirements.
- Claims filed for uncertain amounts:
- Whenever a Claim is presented against a Carrier for an uncertain amount, such as "$100 more or less," the Carrier, against whom such Claim is filed, will determine the condition of the Shipment involved at the time of delivery by it, if it was delivered and will ascertain, as nearly as possible, the extent, if any, of the loss or damage for which it may be responsible; however, the Carrier will not voluntarily pay a Claim under such circumstances unless and until a formal Claim in writing, for a specified or determinable amount of money.
- If investigation of a Claim develops that one or more other Carriers has been presented with a similar Claim on the same Shipment, the Carrier investigating such Claim will communicate with each such other Carrier and, prior to any agreement entered into between or among them as to the proper disposition of such Claim or Claims, will notify all Claimants of the receipt of conflicting or overlapping Claims and will require further substantiation, on the part of each Claimant, of his title to the Property involved or his right with respect to such Claim.
- Delayed express:
- No claims will be paid on delayed express.
Size: Packages will be accepted for transportation, provided the dimensions of the package are within 30 inches X 47 inches X 82 inches.
Shipments of Skis and/or Ski Poles will not be subject to the size limitations specified herein.
The Carriers participating in these rates, rules and regulations reserve the right to refuse to accept a package if its dimensions, even though within the limits specified herein, exceed the size or capacity of the Baggage and Express Compartments of the available vehicles.
Weight: No single Package will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one hundred (100) pounds in Actual Weight. Provisions for shipments weighing up to, but not exceeding, one hundred fifty (150) pounds apply in selected areas. Shipments over one hundred (100) pounds are limited to the routes of carriers with a (150) after the name. See next page for applicable areas. Xpress Baggage shipments may not exceed 75 pounds per piece.
Value: No single shipment (Prepaid, Collect, or C.O.D.) will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one thousand dollars ($1,000) in actual or released value. Released or declared value is the value agreed upon between the shipper and the carrier as evidenced by the uniform receipt given to the shipper by the carrier at the time of shipment or within a reasonable time thereafter or as agreed upon. With the exception of Xpress Baggage Service shipments, excess value charges will be assessed for any shipment with value greater than one hundred dollars ($100). Xpress Baggage Service shipments will be assessed excess value charges for any shipment with value greater than two hundred, fifty dollars ($250).
Excess Value Charges: Excess Value Charges will be assessed dependent upon the value declared in writing by the shipper or agreed upon in writing as the released value of the property, as follows:
- Up to a maximum of 5 pieces of Excess, Overweight, or Oversize Baggage will be accepted in Xpress Baggage Service at reduced rates, under the following conditions.
- Bag must not exceed size limit as listed above in the SIZE, WEIGHT AND VALUE LIMITATIONS section.
- Bag must not exceed 75 pounds in weight.
- Passenger must present proof of ticket purchase, to ship Xpress Baggage. Baggage may be shipped to destination shown on ticket only and at the same time as the passenger. Baggage sent ahead of the passenger will travel at normal express tariff rates.
- Baggage transported in Xpress Baggage Service must be prepaid.
- Actual rates for Xpress Baggage Service will be based on current Express Rate Zones. Baggage destined to Express Rate Zones A thru C, will be $30 per piece, while baggage destined to Express Rate Zone D will be $35 per piece and Express Rate Zone E will be $40 per piece.
- Maximum value for Xpress Baggage Service is $1,000 per shipment of up to 5 pieces. Free value allowance is $250. An additional charge will be assessed for any value over and above the $250 free allowance.
- Items shipped in Xpress Baggage Service are subject to the same definition of baggage as listed in the passenger fare tariff and sales manual (Section 2.1).
- Baggage not meeting these conditions may be sent via Greyhound Package Express Service at regular tariff rates and rules, or by another method of the passenger's choosing.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport express shipments which, because of character, size, or weight, are obnoxious to passengers, or which are likely to be, or to become, objectionable to passengers or prospective passengers, or which are liable to cause injury to personnel, to baggage, to other shipments, or to the carriers' equipment.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport any item, material, or substance, the possession of which or the transportation of which is unlawful.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport package express shipments that indicate that the consignee's address in an APO (Army Post Office) or FPO (Fleet Post Office) number.
Explosives And Other Hazardous (Dangerous) Materials - Prohibited:
- Packages or shipments which contain explosives or other hazardous (dangerous) materials, listed below, and any and all other types of explosives or hazardous (dangerous) materials that require a special diamond label WILL NOT be accepted for transportation.
- Batteries, Electric
- Containing Liquid Acid
- Dangerous Materials
- Flammable Materials
- Fuel Tanks (Used)
- Gases in Cylinders
- Hazardous (Dangerous) Materials
- Hazardous Waste Materials
- Liquids, Combustible,
- Flammable, Corrosive or
- Caustic, Nitrogen, Poisons,
- Radioactive Materials
Other Prohibited Articles:
- Packages or shipments which contain the following commodities, articles, materials, or substances WILL NOT be accepted for transportation.
- Alcoholic Beverages or Liquors,
- including Ale, Beer, Wine
- Animal Heads (see exceptions below)
- Animals, Live
- Articles Packed in Wet Ice or Water (see exceptions below)
- Ashes of Cremated Corpses
- Automobile Windshields (see exceptions below)
- Fluorescent Signs (Fabricated)
- Glass, Window (see exceptions below)
- Materials Having a Disagreeable Odor
- Money (Coins and Currency authorized as a medium of exchange by a recognized Government, including Treasury Bills, Notes, and Bonds)
- Negotiable instruments (Items Convertible into Currency or Cash) (see exceptions below)
- Neon Signs or Bent Neon Tubing (see exceptions below)
- Paintings, in Frames, with Glass
- Pictures and Paintings, with Glass, in Frames
- Reptiles, Live
- Snakes, Live
- Wild Game
- Window Glass (see exceptions below)
- Windshields, Automobile (see exceptions below)
- Wine (All Types)
- Shipments of Human Blood and Blood Components, when packed in Wet Ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority Express Service only.
- Shipments of Water and Environmental Samples, when packed in Wet Ice, WILL be accepted for transportation.
- Shipments of fresh or frozen Food products, when packed in Wet Ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority Express Service only. (See "Articles Prohibited Except Under Special Conditions of Acceptance")
- Shipments of Human Eyes, when transported for cornea and/or lens extraction, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority Service only.
- Negotiable Instruments, consisting of Checks moving between banks in the process of collection WILL be accepted for transportation.
- Shipments of Payroll Checks, moving at the direction of an employer to his employee(s), WILL be accepted for transportation, subject to a limited liability not to exceed the cost incurred for the reconstruction or preparation of new Payroll Checks, but not the cost of transportation, in case of loss or damage.
- Shipments of Automobile Windshields, Automobile Window Glass, Neon Signs and Bent Neon Tubing WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Animal Heads, consisting of decapitated animals for the purpose of medical testing only will be permitted when properly containerized and not in conflict with bio-hazardous materials handling policy.
All other exceptions remain the same.
Shipments with declared or released value of more than $1,000.00 will not be transported. In all cases, the carrier's liability is limited to the actual value of the items lost or damaged regardless if a higher value was declared.
VALUATION ALLOWED WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGES
The Rates are dependent upon the value declared in writing by the shipper or agreed upon in writing as the released value of the property, as follows:
|Value Declared in US$ - (Zone A-D shipments with the exception of Xpress Baggage Service)
||Excess Value Charge
||Value Declared in US$ - (Xpress Baggage Service)
||Excess Value Charge
|Shipments destined to Zone E locations are limited to a maximum of $300 declared value. First $100 of value is free, over $100 to $300, an excess value charge of $5.00 will be assessed.
Payment of Charges
Charges for "Personal Shipments" and shipments of "Personal Effects" must be prepaid. These consist mainly of wearing apparel, housewares, books, and other articles for personal or household use, when shipped by an individual person to another individual person, or when the shipper and consignee is the same person.
Free Storage Time: Three (3) weekdays after notification of arrival, not including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Storage Charges: A charge in the amount of two dollars ($2.00) per day or fraction thereof, not to exceed fifty dollars ($50.00) per month will be made for each shipment.